What Can You Do To Make a Difference?
- Talk to the young women in your life about their aspirations, and discuss with them the importance of graduating from college to achieve their goals.
- Realize that many people should be involved in creating a support system for young women. As the saying goes: “It takes a village to raise a child.”
- Help friends and family members be more aware of the powerful influence they can have on the college decision young women make. Encourage them to visit our website for more information about the many benefits of a college degree that extends far beyond the workplace.
- Take time to ask young women questions about their college plans. Share you positive college experiences, talk about the challenges and how you dealt with them. Openly discuss ideas for funding – saving money now, financial aid, scholarships.
- Volunteer in a supportive role in a women-centered organization. Take an active role in discussions with women in your community about overcoming barriers to finishing their education.
These are just a few suggestions to get you thinking and moving to make a difference. For more information on the benefits of college for women, visit our website www.utahwomenandeducation.org.